Diary Of A Season 2019

Gary

Diary Of A Season 2019

Post by Gary » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:21 pm

Diary Of A Season 2019

Gary

Re: Diary Of A Season 2019

Post by Gary » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:37 pm

I will be posting lots of updates very soon re pit crew, sponsors, schedule, events and changes we've made on both cars for 2019.

Very soon :D

Gary

Post by Gary » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:36 am

May 4th..................Flamboro Speedway

Race #1.......Late Model

High Lites
*15 cars

Results
1st Feature.......9th
2nd Feature......7th

Winnings
$270

Repairs
routine

Crew
Jim, Louie Troy

Conclusion
.....all my previous posts were lost due to hacking. I am implementing the past races now for stats only.
Don't remember all the crew, how many cars or who won the features. I will start proper posts once I get to
the GTC #2
Thank you

Gary

Post by Gary » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:38 am

May 11th............Flamboro Speedway

Race #2...Late Model

High Lites

Results
1st Feature.......12th
2nd Feature......11th

Winnings
$245

Repairs
Routine

Crew
Jim, Louie and Troy

Conclusion
.all my previous posts were lost due to hacking. I am implementing the past races now for stats only.
Don't remember all the crew, how many cars or who won the features. I will start proper posts once I get to
the GTC #2
Thank you

Gary

Post by Gary » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:42 am

May 18-19...............Sunset Speedway

Race #3.....Modified

High Lites
* 22 cars
* Feature rained out

Results
1st Heat...........4th
2nd Heat..........2nd

Winnings
$300

Repairs
routine

Crew
Jim, Gehrig

Conclusion
.all my previous posts were lost due to hacking. I am implementing the past races now for stats only.
the GTC #2
Thank you

Gary

Post by Gary » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:44 am

May 25th.............Flamboro Speedway

Race #4....Late Model GTC #1

High Lites
* 24 cars

Results
Last Chance......6th
Feature..........14th

Winnings
$400

Repairs
Routine

Crew
Louie, Troy

Conclusion
All my previous posts were lost due to hacking. I am implementing the past races now for stats only.
the GTC #2
Thank you

Gary

Post by Gary » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:48 am

June 1st-2nd............Jukasa Speedway

Race #5........Modified

High Lites
* 22 cars
* John Harper wins
* we have radio issues

Results
Heat.......7th
Feature...18th

Winnings
$475

Repairs
Radios....routine

Crew
Louie, Troy, Jerry

Conclusion
I was hoping and expecting a good race at Jukasa but it was anything but. I messed up in the heat races and the radio's messed up for the feature.
My first problem was getting mixed up with my Mod and Late Model. The LM has a 2 speed transmission and the Mod a 3 speed. I went out for practice and was hitting the chip before the start finish line. I told the crew I was over geared, so we put less gear in the car....but the real problem was me, I didn't shift into 3rd :roll: The next set of hot laps the car was incredibly slow because I didn't have enough gear. Then it rained for the feature on Saturday.
On Sunday we changed the gears and got one set of hot laps and the car was finally geared right, hitting the chip just going into turn 3.
We started last and issues started right away with our radio's, I couldn't hear a thing, just static. I heard "clear by 5....then inside". I couldn't race on this track with no mirrors and no radio's so I pulled off and was very frustrated.

Troy and Jerry did a good job this day, it was frustrating for all of us though.
Congrats to John Harper for this win, his last race.....very sad to lose John a week later. Prayers still go out to his family and friends.

Gary

Post by Gary » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:53 am

June 9th...............Full Throttle Motor Speedway

Race #6..........driving LOSC for Bob Schulthesiss

High Lites
* 19 cars
* NASCAR drivers Kenny Schrader, Kenny Wallace and Norm Benning
* we struggle, wrong gear

Results
Time Trials.....17th
Feature.........18th (DNF)

Winnings
Car Owner

Repairs
none....car owner routine

Crew
Troy

Conclusion
I drove to Varney during the week to practice with the #9 Lucas Oil Sportsman Cup car owned by Bob Schulthesiss. I got out for hot laps but the car had the wrong gear, I was hitting the chip before the half way mark on the back chute, and on the front very hard.
The car was okay otherwise.
On Sunday I got to meet all three NASCAR drivers and gave them pictures. It was good to talk to both Kenny Wallace, Kenny Schrader and Norm Benning.
We got out for practice again this day only to find the car the same gear wise, hitting the chip way too soon.

We considered changing gears but things would not be smooth to do so. We were parked on the ground and I didn't want anyone pulling 9" gears on an unstable foundation. We decided to leave it and in doing so we had zero chance of a decent finish unless half the field wrecked,

We qualified 17th of 19 in time trials but started last in the feature.

Within 2 laps the cars in front of me pulled ahead but 2 lengths a lap. There were a few cautions but we could not keep up at all.
On lap 78 or there about the exhaust came off and I pulled to the infield. We would finish 18th.

It was very disappointing but Bob and John and their crew were very nice, friendly and supportive. In spite of the disappointment Troy and I had a great time.

Gary

Post by Gary » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:10 pm

June 15th.........Flamboro Speedway

Race #7

High Lites
* 12 cars
* Mod races cancelled at Delaware (I get to drive the Late Model, saves Derrick and Shirley travelling 2 hours)
* Second feature cancelled by rain
* Night counts

Results
Feature.......8th

Winnings
$135

Repairs
none, maintenance

Crew
Troy

Conclusion
....lost all the info for this race.....will try to add something

Gary

Post by Gary » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:18 pm

June 29th................Sunset Speedway

Race #8

High Lites
* 19 cars
* AJ Emms wins
* We finish 8th

Results
Heat #1........4th
Heat #2........5th
Feature........8th

Winnings
$250

Repairs
Routine

Crew
Jerry

Conclusion
....my site was interrupted, I paid for protection through Go Daddy but they didn't apply it, so everything was lost on the original posts.